Subject: Re: [office-collab] Proposed Roadmap for ADC SC work

I added two more use cases, related to interaction of change tracking with
vendor-defined ODF extensions.

For example, I believe KOffice has an extension that allows display of
musical notation in a document.

1) How do we change track the addition of this extension to a document?

2) How do we change track modifications made to the underlying data of the
extension, e.g., the musical notes?

Obviously we can only provide general guidance for question #2, but
ideally it should be possible for a second ODF editor, that knows nothing
about the KOffice extension, to at least know that the document has been
changed, allow user to accept/reject the change, etc.  In other words,
some ability to handle opaque changes from extensions. Ideally.

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/ChangeTrackingUseCases

Regards,

-Rob

Robin LaFontaine <robin.lafontaine@deltaxml.com> wrote on 03/03/2011