Subject: 12 April 2011 call - extended proposal

Follow-up notes from today’s call.  The OASIS website is behaving poorly today and I’ve had problems uploading docs.  Everything seems OK now, but if you notice anything odd, please let me know.  Thanks for participating today, all, and Robin for moderating.

Errata

Thank you for catching these errors – I’ve updated the presentation:

·         Slide 14 – format-change-start at the bottom should be format-change-end

·         Slide 22 – extra </text:p>

·         Slide 18 – the table cell attributes would change during merge and split

Re: slide 18 question

I found the e-mail I mentioned during the call.  See the thread “Thoughts and Comments on extended-change-tracking-proposal” from Ganesh where he pointed this out in his question #5 and my response (1 April 2011 23:28 GMT).  Apparently I didn’t update the examples in the supplement 1 document as I was rushing out that Friday afternoon to a conference.  I apologize for not doing that earlier and spreading the omission to today’s presentation.

I have updated the 5 split and merge examples in the supplement 1 document and in the presentation.  That is the only change to this doc.  Although we talked about the benefits of specializing the element names in this case (e.g., merge-deletion, merge-insertion, split-deletion, split-insertion), I have not altered the doc in this or other ways.

Re: ODF & OOXML question

Here is the e-mail I mentioned that talks about the architectural differences between OOXML and ODF and why I think it’s tough to draw markup-level correspondences between the two, though we certainly can on a feature level.

Chat room transcripts

I took the liberty of uploading transcripts of the chat room to the Meeting Notes folder of the Document part of the SC site.  I should have done this after the last call, but it only dawned on me today that there were useful Q&A happening only in chat/voice that should be preserved as part of the record.  I hope nobody minds and that it helps as a reference for future discussions.

·         5 April call

·         12 April call

John