Subject: Summary of Use Cases and next steps

For our convenience and ease of reference I have summarised the use
cases below - please use the 'UCn' identifiers to refer to them.

The Use Cases we now have defined are as follows:

UC1. ECT. Multiple Changes example (under Basic Text Changes) in the
original proposal document.
This is a format example with a start of two bold words 'Remove bold',
then one word has its bold format removed, then the 'ol' of 'bold' is
underlined.
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-collab/download.php/41699/extended-ct-proposal.odt

UC2. ECT. Removing list: a single list item is converted to a paragraph
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=42456

UC3. ECT. Changing list level: A list of two items is changed so that
the second item becomes a subitem of the first item.
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=42456

UC4. GCT. Overlapping style changes: The first change transaction will
make the word 'bold-italic' into an italicised font. The second change
transaction will make all of the 'bold' words and the word 'bold-italic'
into a bold font.
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=42417

UC5. GCT. List Edit and Conversion to Paragraphs: In a list of three
items, the list will first have some text added to the middle list item.
The second edit will convert the list into paragraphs by selecting the
whole list and pressing the 'Bullets On/Off' button.
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=42418

UC6. GCT. Text Frame Modifications: A frame is be edited four times:
moved, text edited, resized and finally moved again.
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=42596

We now need to see the GCT solutions for UC1, UC2 and UC3 and the ECT
solutions to UC4, UC4 and UC6. I am trusting that John and Tristan will
be able to do these and upload the results.

Then we can discuss these and I hope this will help to inform our
decision about how best to move forward.

Note there are no spreadsheet nor presentation examples because ECT does
not change or extend the existing provision (this may be an issue in
itself, but a separate one). For a full list of the scope of ECT see the
Overview section in the original specification document referenced in
UC1 above. Anything not listed there is not handled - please check this
and ensure that there nothing that you think is important to track and
which does not appear in that list.

Robin La Fontaine, Director, DeltaXML Ltd  "Change control for XML"
T: +44 1684 592 144  E: robin.lafontaine@deltaxml.com
http://www.deltaxml.com
Registered in England 02528681 Reg. Office: Monsell House, WR8 0QN, UK