Subject: IRC log from today's meeting - 2013-04-24

Please find the IRC log of today's meeting below.
Our next meeting will be in about two weeks on the 8th of May.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2013&month=5&day=8&hour=13&min=30&sec=0&p1=179&p2=37&p3=136&p4=234&iv=1800

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-collab/event.php?event_id=33768

Attendees: Thorsten, Oliver-Rainer, Patrick,
John and Svante.

[15:30] Thorsten: hi there!
[15:30] Svante Schubert: Hi Thorsten, Hi Oliver!
[15:32] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: moin moin
[15:33] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: congrats
[15:33] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: again a daughter - well done
[15:34] Svante Schubert: Thanks, Oliver!
[15:35] Svante Schubert: How can we gain a higher velocity?
[15:36] Svante Schubert: Patrick: We have a general consensus about what we want to do. But the next step, the standardization is a hard step.
[15:37] Svante Schubert: Patrick: We need a good point of starting, a good start of documenatation.
[15:38] Patrick Durusau: In other words, having a written proposal will make it easier for others to respond. Even a poor proposal could serve as a starting point.
[15:38] Svante Schubert: Oliver: Agrees that we need a starting point to go further one, from his time frame it is hard to get this starting point
[15:38] Svante Schubert: I agree with you, Patrick.
[15:39] Svante Schubert: After this short baby break, I will focus more on generating a proposal..
[15:43] Patrick Durusau: Patrick will post links to papers on change tracking and XML for the SC.
[15:43] Svante Schubert: Thank you
[15:45] Svante Schubert: John: Would like to get a better understanding of the OT approach
[15:46] Patrick Durusau: How about an overview of OTC? but not specific to ODF.
[15:46] Svante Schubert: Yes, a common vocabulary would be indeed good, Patrick!
[15:48] Svante Schubert: John: A quick document of overview of change-tracking would be good. Like an introduction, an overview.
[15:49] Svante Schubert: John: Will write his request up to the list.
[15:50] John Haug: Sorry, groggy morning voice.  Just saying I also support the idea of something brief written up.
[15:50] John Haug: That will help not only with our own understanding but also when I try to talk to the folks on the Word team.
[15:51] Svante Schubert: Our next call will be on the 8th of May
[15:51] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: bye
[15:51] Svante Schubert: bye everyone