Subject: IRC log - ODF Collab SC call - 2017-01-11

Call Summary:
In our today's meeting we discussed the attempt to provide a use case for ODF changes, which could be of interest for ODF applications without the need to provide ODF collaboration features, which are only highly desired by recent created (mostly web) ODF applications.
The idea is to express with ODF changes interoperable (exchangeable & reusable) test cases involving either the creation or manipulation of ODF documents within the ODF applications.
Svante is working on a proof-of-concept for the FOSDEM 2017 on the 5/6th of February.
It can be any test framework, but for easiness of accessibiltiy the the computer vision (CV) automation test framework Sikulix from MIT has been chosen for testing. During the call the use case of change-tracking within multiple ODF application as been identified as interesting use-case.
We talked again about feature based testing and the problem to identify features from ODF specification and RelaxNG schema. How to provide a good test coverage to choose 'different' use cases of a feature. For instance, the existence of various paragraphs on different locations as top level element will likely be of no different, but a paragraph within a header/footer (document region) or within a cell or an image (nested within a different feature) will likely make a difference.
There will be an update on this topic on our next call

On the 25th of January will be our next meeting:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2017&month=01&day=25&hour=15&min=30&sec=0&p1=179&p2=37&p3=136&p4=234&iv=1800

The teleconference login data for next call will be found in the OASIS calendar event:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/event.php?event_id=39513

Please find the IRC log of our meeting below:
Attendees: Patrick, Svante

[16:34] Svante Schubert: Here is the note from yesterday - https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-collab/201701/msg00000.html
[16:34] Svante Schubert: Patrick: Is this the visual testing?
[16:35] Svante Schubert: Could be anything, the changes are being used to apply document changes to the ODF app in the first place.
[16:36] Svante Schubert: Afterwards the document can be compared visual, or screenshot, or saved as PDF to PostScript to BitMap
[16:36] Svante Schubert: Or saved as ODT to see what features are really made it into the document after saving it with that ODF application
[16:41] Svante Schubert: Triggered from my manual work of creating a feature in different ODF features, like inserting an image with MS Office and LibreOffice .
[16:45] Svante Schubert: ** Ongoing discussions **
[16:57] Patrick: LO create paragraph and add image, with change tracking on - saving results in set of change tracking data
[16:58] Svante Schubert: Patrick: If you insert an image with MS Office and reject the change with LibreOffice, will the ODF XML be equivalent. It should :)
[16:58] Patrick: Open that document in Microsoft Office and leave the image paragraph intact, add a paragraph below it with change tracking on and then save the document.
[16:59] Patrick: I posit that the two sets of change tracking data for the paragraph with the image are different, as they reflect the different XML serializations of LO and MO.
[16:59] Patrick: Should LO and MO be able to read each others change tracking?
[17:02] Patrick: abstract to a set of elements that are honored by all applications
[17:03] Svante Schubert: also the relative position to other elements. As we see text:p will not exist within draw:image (different feature)
[17:04] Svante Schubert: We know about features being covered by different ODF applications, like LibreOffice is currently not supporting format modifications and MS Office no column insert/deletions.
[17:04] Svante Schubert: What is the super set of 'features' being supported by change-tracking?
[17:06] Svante Schubert: This is a nice use case for the automation I have in mind.
[17:06] Svante Schubert: I can do a change of a feature with change-tracking.
[17:07] Svante Schubert: Afterwards I will open it with a (different or same) application and will accept (or reject) the feature. The test should be the changed (or original) document.
[17:08] Svante Schubert: ** Ongoing discussions **
[17:28] Svante Schubert: Byebye