Subject: Re: [office-comment] RELAX NG tools and OfficeOpen.Org DTD

Daniel Vogelheim scripsit:

> > 	conversion from RNG (XML syntax) to RNG (compact syntax): exact
>
> Which tool is this? I didn't find the tool in question, so I used an
> XSLT script linked from the Relax-NG homepage. This seemed to work fine.

Grab the very latest version of Trang from
http://thaiopensource.com/relaxng/trang.html .

> > 	conversion from RNG (either syntax) to DTD
> [...]
> > 		roundtrips DTD > RNG > DTD conversions correctly
>
> I had problems with this. The RNG syntax generated by DTDinst generated
> warnings when converting it back. Maybe I didn't use the latest versions
> or something.

Maybe so.  Did you fix the missing namespace declarations in the DTD?

> Are you talking about specifying a fixed order of elements, vs.
> specifying arbitrary order, but each element may appear only once?

Yes.  Furthermore, it'sa lot easier for SAX-based programs to handle
a fixed order.

--
"May the hair on your toes never fall out!"     John Cowan
        --Thorin Oakenshield (to Bilbo)         jcowan@reutershealth.com