Subject: Public Comment

Comment from: Artur@ortegalink.com

Hi

in the charta for the   OASIS Open Office XML Format TC I am missing the the aspect of accessibility. As in the HTML-area the accessibility isssues have been proposed to late. Only with the W3C-WCAG there has been tried to apply some aaccessibility themes to the HTML-format.

If the   OASIS Open Office XML Format TC is becoming a new standard for all documents it will be the source for other document formats like VoiceML, HTML and so on. Especially for the use in eGoverment environment it will be essential to have accessibility intigrated. In a lot of countries like USA, Germany, ... there is common law to publish everything in an accessible way for not discriminating disabled citizens.

I think the   OASIS Open Office XML Format TC could borrow a lot of ideas and expieriences of the WCAG 1.0/2.0 published by the W3C and which has become partially law in some countries of the world (Section508 ind USA, BITV in Germany,..).

With best regards

Artur Ortega