Subject: Re: [office-comment] Section 1.5 - implementations SHOULD use thenamespace prefixes given.

David,

do you know an application that actually could be able to support the
OASIS Open Office format, but does not support namespaces? My personal
experience with the OpenOffice.org format is that the the fact that the
OpenOffice.org format requires namespace aware application never was an
issue. For this reason, my personal oponion is that specifying that
certain namespaces SHOULD be uses causes more restrictions on the format
than it adds benefits. I'm especially concerned about the fact that one
could not use shorter namespace prefixes or default namespaces any longer.

Best regards

Michael Brauer

OASIS Open Office TC chair

--
Michael Brauer                                Phone:  +49 40 23646 500
Technical Architect Software Engineering      Fax:    +49 40 23646 550