Subject: Public Comment

Comment from: russell@flora.ca

Marketing of OASIS format to office suite implementors

If there is a better forum to discuss this, please let me know.  I am interested to see this format adopted by more office suites.  While I am personally a user of OpenOffice.org, interoperability and choice is one of the advantages this format offers.  Is there documentation that could be used to convince IBM (Lotus SmartSuite), Corel (Wordperfect suite) or other such vendors the advantages of the format?

I am also very interested in how to promote the format to large users such as governments.  One of the limitations so far is the lack of support in some of the major suites.  If it was "everyone but" then vendors who don't support the standards could be excluded using existing acquisition policies, but currently most of the suites don't support the standard.