Subject: Re: [office-comment] Public Comment

comment-form@oasis-open.org wrote:

>Comment from: knp_kuldeep@yahoo.com
>
>how to open xml file formate
>
>which application support to open xmls file formate?
>
>please reply me as soon as possible and oblige.
>
>thanking you.
>
>Kuldeep

Hi Kuldeep,

At the moment the only applications that support the OASIS/ISO Open
Document file format are OpenOffice.org, Sun's StarOffice, and IBM's
WorkPlace.  KOffice is working on full support of the OASIS format but
has yet to release that version.  IBM's WorkPlace uses open source
components from OpenOffice.org so i would expect their support for the
OASIS file format to be excellent.

If all you need is to read/write an OASIS Open XML document, just go to
http://OpenOffice.org and download a version for the computer platform
your using.  The only cost is the time it takes to download.  OOo
versions run on Windows, Linux, Mac OSX, and Solaris.

Hope this helps,
~ge~