Subject: Re: [office-comment] OpenDocument Draft 3: Use "application/xml" instead of "text/xml"

David Faure scripsit:

> However I don't see why non-packaged OpenDocument files ("flat xml") shouldn't
> use a real OASIS mimetype instead of text/xml or application/xml.
> After all we want to launch OpenDocument-aware applications (e.g. OOo or KOffice)
> when clicking on such files, not raw XML editors.

On the contrary, I think it's very unreasonable to expect applications
to understand both the packaged format and the separate files which
make it up -- and in any case, which make no sense one without the other.

--
Values of beeta will give rise to dom!          John Cowan
(5th/6th edition 'mv' said this if you tried    http://www.ccil.org/~cowan