Subject: Public Comment

Comment from: dennis.hamilton@acm.org

Name: Dennis E. Hamilton
Title: System Architect
Regarding Specification: OpenDocument 1.0

In OpenDocument, a specific edition of XML Schema Specification, Part 2, is referenced for the specification of duration, date, time, and dateTime datatypes.

The examples of dateTime that I've seen all use non-timezone forms, without fractional seconds.

Are the full definitions of those XML Schema datatypes intended?  For example, are

      2005-10-19T04:12:59Z
      2005-10-18T21:12:59-0700
and   2005-10-18T21:12:59

all acceptable, where the first two are the same and the third is not equal to either of them (although all three were my local time when I chose the example)?

Also, was it intentional that a 2001 version of the XML Schema Part 2 specification was used, rather than a more recent one (such as the 2004 vresion that is now the latest).  I ask because there are differences in the sections for those data types.