Subject: Re: [office-comment] Support for overlined text in ODF

Hi,

I have just three comments:

Martin Whitaker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on an enhancement to OpenOffice.org (OOo) that adds
> support for
> overlined text. As part of this work, I need a way to save the overlined
> attribute in an ODF file. At present ODF does not support overlining as
> a text style (although it does support overlining as a font attribute).
> I would therefore like to propose that this capability be added to ODF.
> I suggest this would be best done by adding the following attributes:
>
>   style:text-overline-type
>   style:text-overline-style
>   style:text-overline-width
>   style:text-overline-color
>   style:text-overline-mode

1.) I am wondering, is there the possibility to define sub-classes?

I do NOT know much about xml, but could this be done something like:
style::text-overline::type,
and so on, instead of those many attributes, i.e. have a class of type
style::text-overline with many subattributes. This way one could easy
extend class text-overline at a later date, without much headache about
compatibilities and the like.

2.) Should there be an attribute, where the overline should be
positioned on the vertical axis?

Consider the following text: "AbcdEFg" and "aaaaa"
Should the overline be placed above the tallest letter in the first
example? And in the second one? What IF different letters have different
font-sizes (and different font-metrics, making various letters appear
differently tall)?

3.) (this deals more with individual characters): How much of the width
of a character should the overline span?

The whole width? Settable to less than that? What about fonts that have
a fixed width, and therefore various letters may have some space around
the graphical character?

Well, this seems an interesting feature and I do support its implementation.

Sincerely,

Leonard