Subject: Re: [office-comment] Is there an Issue Tracker for OD format TC?

Hi Bryce,

> Is someone keeping track of what's coming across the mailing list and
> assigning an official disposition to each suggestion, or is there an
issue
> tracker somewhere, where we can monitor an issue's status, vote for
issues,
> and see what has already been suggested?
>
> Even if all my issues are closed "wontfix", I'd still like to see what
> features you're working on for OD 1.2.

That would be me.

I periodically (i.e., not daily, but more like monthly) go through the
comments list and transcribe any bug report or feature request into a
spreadsheet, note the submittor, date, etc.  The ODF TC will then discuss
and dispose each comment.  The actions taken will be noted in our meeting
minutes as well as posted to this list.

That is the plan at least.  But, honestly, we have a backlog of comments
to process, including a recent batch from JISC, the Japanese national
standards body.  So at our last call we agreed to form a small taskforce,
consisting of the TC's two Co-Chairs and our Project Editor, to accelerate
progress on these comments, and to propose recommendations on them for the
TC to consider.

If you look at our wiki (
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/OpenDocument_v1.2_Action_Items) you can
see the items already added to ODF 1.2, as well as the items currently
under discussion.  It does not list the unprocessed comments.  I'd to get
those in their as well, if I can find a good way to automate that.

Regards,

-Rob

Rob Weir
Software Architect