Subject: Re: [office-comment] Unclear sentence in 2.5 of ODF 1.0 and 4.3

Makoto,

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) wrote:
> The itemized list in 4.3 first mentions "bullet or number", and
> then mentions "bullet numbering".   Are numbers considered bullets?
> Or, are numbers different from bullets?

I am answering this one and included 4.3 in the subject line since it
got posted twice.

Yes.

;-)

Sorry, could not resist!

14.10 List Style makes it clear that there are separate style elements
for numbers, bullets and images for lists.

Do note that the list in 4.3 is a list using informal names and not
element or attribute names specified by ODF 1.0.

The reason I mention that is there really is a "numbered bullet" style.
You have probably seen it, it is a solid circle with a number, usually
in a different color or in outline in the center of the "bullet." Not
one of the high points in typography in my opinion. ;-)

Just my opinion but I would suspect that it would be specified as a
number style since the number should increment. But you could
legitimately call it a numbered bullet.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

--