Subject: Re: Properties and elements/attributes

Makoto,

I need to be sure I am understanding the issue so let me ask if 15.3.3
Borders:

> The border attributes fo:border, fo:border-top, fo:border-bottom,
> fo:border-left and fo:border-right specify the border properties of
> the headers and footers. See section 15.5.25 for detailed information
> on these attributes.
avoids the issue?

In other words it is clear that border attributes (listed attributes)
specify the border properties...of the headers and footers.

Yes?

So, in 15.3.8, where we say:

> The style:dynamic-spacing property specifies whether or not the header
> or footer grows into the space between the page body and the header or
> footer before the height of the page body becomes smaller. If the
> value of this attribute is true, the header or footers first grows
> into the space between the header and footer and the page body.
There is only an implied relationship between "style:dynamic-spacing
property" and "...the value of this attribute...."

Yes?

If that is the problem, then yes, I agree, the text needs to be reformed.

Perhaps:

"The style:dynamic-spacing attribute specifies whether or not the header
or footer grows into the space between the page body and the header or
footer before the height of the page body becomes smaller. If the value
of this attribute is true, the header or footers first grows into the
space between the header and footer and the page body."

So that first, we say "the attribute (whatever it does)" and then follow
that with a statement about the value of the attribute.

Does that capture the essence of your comment?

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau