Subject: Field Separator in Office Calc

I hope this is the right place to ask this question.
I have used Excel a long time, and 1-2-3 before that, which means I
automatically hit the comma key when I am entering a function.  Office
Calc insists I use the semi-colon where I would use the comma.  Is this
a configurable feature?  If not, shouldn't it be so?  Millions of Excel
users will likely not convert because their fingers are so used to the
comma key.

Bradford S. J. Young, CFA