Subject: Re: [office-comment] ODF and Intelligence Community Information SecurityMarkings

Hi Rob, hello everyone,

robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
> [resending to the comment list, since Brian's email address bounces]
>
> Hi Brian,
>
> I'm Co-Chair of the OASIS ODF Technical Committee.  We received a public
> comment from you some time ago regarding  Intelligence Community
> Information Security Markings and ODF.
>
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/200505/msg00003.html
>
> As we are finishing up our ODF 1.2 work we are going back to our public
> comments and seeing which ones we can address in this release.
>
> Since ODF is a general purpose office file format, suitable for many uses
> and for many countries, we are unlikely to add specific industry-oriented
> markup into the standard.  But for such vertical applications we have been
> adding a variety of extensibility and enhanced metadata features that
> should allow the integration of other markups into ODF.  One possibility
> is that the ODF TC publish a series of "best practice" guides for how ODF
> interoperates with specific other markups like ICISM.
>
> So, if this topic is still of interest to you, let me know.  And in either
> case, if you could send me a link to some overview material on ICISM, I'd
> greatly appreciate it.

The best I could come up with is:
http://www.gwg.nga.mil/documents/NSG_Geo_Core_MD_Profile.doc

It is a 200 page document, so, IF somebody is interested, feel free to
dwell into it. I am concerned with data-security, too, so I do have an
interest in this topic, but the 200 page document is slightly too large
for my very limited time.

Sincerely,

Leonard