Subject: ODF and Tagging

Hi Nigel,

I'm Co-Chair of the OASIS ODF Technical Committee.  We received a public
comment from you some time ago regarding  ODF and tagging:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/200510/msg00004.html

As we finish up our ODF 1.2 work we are going back to our public comments
and seeing which ones we can address in this release.

I'm pleased to say that we have specified an RDF-based metadata framework
that will allow exactly the kind of semantic tagging that you described.

You can see the current draft of this section here:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=26847&wg_abbrev=office-metadata

There is also an examples document here:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=26846&wg_abbrev=office-metadata

Both documents have the current status of Committee Drafts and are slated
to be part of ODF 1.2.

Regards,

-Rob

Rob Weir