Subject: Re: [office-comment] ODF and Intelligence Community Information SecurityMarkings

Hello everyone,

robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
> [...]
>
> Generally it comes down to these choices:
>
> 1) 2) ...
>
> 3) Foreign markup in ODF. [...]
>
> 4) Use the ODF 1.2 metadata framework.  A good set of examples on the
> wider range of things you can do there is described here:
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=26846&wg_abbrev=office-metadata

During a brief look at these examples, I noticed that some of them
directly touched the field of my work.

I need to give it though a more detailed look and ascertain that this
method covers the full complexity of the requested and needed feature.

However, I know that a couple of sponsor companies on this TC do have
commercial interests related to the field of my work and would directly
benefit from  implementing this functionality within ODF. [The companies
might have overlooked this elegant solution using ODF.]

I am looking forward to see the meta-data functional within one of the
open-source ODF-implementations.

Sincerely,

Leonard

> Part of the challenge is waiting for the applications to catch up with the
> capabilities of the markup.  ODF 1.2 will allow almost any content

*Any content* is very important. Additionally, implementing a complete
security framework to control all access to and export of elements will
be needed in my particular field of work. But as stated, some of the
companies on this list already have commercial interests in the field,
and reusing ODF seems a wise approach.