Subject: Re: [office-comment] OpenFormula: Excel FLOOR Function

Hello Leonard, Hello Robert, Hello Everyone,

Re:
"Indeed, there is a bigger problem with spreadsheets overall, and many
get phased out. I still believe that - IF existing spreadsheets are
adapted to modern concepts, they still have a place in businesses.

A business survey published in 2007 [1] paints a grim picture on manual
operations and therefore on spreadsheets as well. I do also hope that
new concepts and various integration attempts are addressed on this
list, too, and hopefully sooner than later.

Many thanks for your interest in this subject".

For anyone looking to employ one of the various spreadsheets that are
available today then one must certainly be in total agreement with you
in saying among other things; that, "Indeed, there is a bigger problem
with spreadsheets overall, and many get phased out. I still believe that
- IF existing spreadsheets are adapted to modern concepts, they still
have a place in businesses"; and, as an example I am enclosing some
information that was gleaned from a recent news article along with that
from the referenced websites indicating that there is some degree of
work yet to be covered if most or all of the spreadsheet functionalities
among others that were described in The Gnumeric Manual, version 1.8
<http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric/doc/gnumeric.shtml> (links
attached) are to be taken into consideration:

Re: "Gnumeric is a spreadsheet, a computer program used to manipulate
and analyze numeric data. Gnumeric can help you keep track of
information in lists, organize numeric values in columns and rows,
perform and update complex calculations by defining each step of the
calculation and modifying particular steps subsequently, create and
display or print graphical plots of data using bar plots, line graphs,
pie charts or radar charts, implement complex optimization modeling or
perform many other tasks involving numbers, dates, times, names or other
data. The features of Gnumeric make it versatile and powerful..."

http://www.webware.com/8301-1_109-9972158-2.html

http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric/doc/chapter-welcome.shtml

To Robert, re: ""Sheldon, your passage refers to "External Rate of
Return" not "Economic Rate of Return". Are you saying that these are the
same? I have other sources that say IRR and Economic Rate of Return are
the same..."

Robert, I have gone through the available listing provided in the
EditGrid Spreadsheet (links attached)

http://www.editgrid.com/untitled

http://www.editgrid.com/doc/function/Finance

http://www.editgrid.com/

which clearly defines IRR but "cannot find" (as is the case with all
others) a description for ERR and do hereby beg to submit (from
knowledge and training previously received) that IRR and ERR are not one
and the same and would wish to concur with you that this is indeed
"something to consider for a future ODF version".

Sincerely,

Sheldon

Sheldon A. Britton
Orion Resources International - IBM Business Partner