Subject: Re: [office-comment] "within two months of the date of transmittal of thedefect report" (the JTC1 directives)

"MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)" <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp> wrote on
08/05/2008 03:29:16 AM:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> I am writing this mail on behalf of the Japanese mirror committee for
> SC34.
>
> The defect report from Japan (N942) was published as an open document
> and was distributed to "SC34 and Liaisons", which includes ODF TC.
> Patrick reported this defect report to the ODF TC
> (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200801/msg00010.html)
> Moreover, I reported all issues in this defect report to the ODF TC
> comment mailing list.
>
> The JTC1 directives (http://www.itscj.ipsj.or.jp/sc34/open/0856revc.htm)

> require that response to defect reports shall be prepared within two
months.
> Please follow the JTC1 directives in maintaining ISO/IEC 26300.

Murata-san, the relevant maintenance process is documented in the OASIS TC
Process, Section 3.5 "Approved Errata" which you can read here:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#errata

You will be pleased, I hope, to hear that the ODF TC has completed steps
3.5(a) and 3.5(b) and will soon (within a few days) be initiating a public
comment period according to 3.5(c).  JTC1/SC34 will receive a liaison
statement when this comment period begins, allowing them to participate if
they wish.

-Rob