Subject: Re: [office-comment] "within two months of the date of transmittal of thedefect report" (the JTC1 directives)

"MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)" <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp> wrote on
08/05/2008 10:44:27 AM:

> I am confused.  Do you mean that OASIS ODF 1.0 will be corrected
> by errata but ISO/IEC 26300 will *not* be corrected?  Unless
> draft technical corrigenda are published by SC34 and approved by
> its members, ISO/IEC 26300 will continue to have the reported defects.
> Is this the intention of the ODF TC?

Once the OASIS errata document is approved, I assume that we will consult
with the SC34 Secretariat and ITTF on next steps.  Since ODF is being
maintained in OASIS, per our PAS agreement, not in SC34, I would not
expect that we will undergo redundant JTC1 process stages such as the
creation of an editing group, etc.  I assume we would go directly to a
ballot.

That's my personal observation.  The ODF TC does not have control over
what happens after after we create OASIS Approved Errata. At that point
OASIS owns the document, not the ODF TC.  At that point, any SC34-facing
concerns are a matter for OASIS and their liaison to SC34, Jamie Clark.

That said, Patrick has made efforts to ensure that the OASIS document
would be applicable to ISO/IEC 26300:2006 as well, by providing dual-page
number references for each defect, one keyed to OASIS ODF 1.0 page
numbers, and one keyed to the published ISO/IEC version.

-Rob