Subject: ODFF: RECEIVED function

ODFF 28Jun08:

RECEIVED

security per 100 currency units of face value."

Revised suggestion:
bond."

(The function returns the actual amount received (not per 100). It looks
as if the formula takes no account of any interest / coupons paid,
merely the discount at which it is sold.)

In addition, I think we need to indicate more clearly that the days
difference is subject to the usual rules of 'basis', and to have
specified somewhere how the year length is calculated. For example in
basis 1 Calc just takes the length of the year containing the settlement
date - which is different to Excel for 15Sep08 (settlement) to 15Mar09
(maturity) (366 vs 365).