Subject: Correction: was Re: [office-comment] Comments on Errata 01 (CommitteeDraft 03)

Murata-san,

A correction to a comment in my post on 15.3.4:

<snip>
> 4) Correction to 15.31.4
>
> The editing instruction does not touch the first, second, and third
> sentences but merely replaces the rest of the paragraph.  However, the
> second and third sentences look unnecessary.  Even the first one can
> be removed.

I replied in part:

> However, correction of that oversight matters more than stylistic
> niceties that would be observed in a complete re-drafting. I do
> appreciate such insights but as you well know, such polishing is like
> pulling a thread that leads to another thread and then to another.
> However satisfying that may be, our public corrections to text to be
> all offenses against good style that may or may not appear in a text.
The final sentence should read:

However satisfying that may be, our public *expects* corrections to
text*s* to be in response to the corrections requested, not as licenses
to correct all offenses against good style that may or may not appear in
a text.

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Patrick

--