Subject: RE: [office-comment] Requirement: page and line break indicators

Patrick, Sean,

I'd certainly agree there is a use case for recording line-breaking
decisions (for UK legislation, for example, there is a requirement that
the HTML versions of documents have identical line numbering to print,
to prevent divergent referencing).

(Call me old-fashioned, but I quite using PIs for these things, since
they are incidental to the application, rather than innate to the
content. It also means you don't have to mess up your content models by
allowing an element everywhere...)

- Alex.

understanding
> dittography and other features of ancient texts. But, other than
> recording the presence of such breaks, what do you see a format as
> being
> able to offer?
>
> Thanks for writing!
>
> Hope you are having a great day!
>
> Patrick
>
> Sean McGrath wrote:
> > +NAME
> > Sean McGrath
> >
> > +CONTACT
> > seanmcgrath@propylon.com
> >
> > +CATEGORY (select one or more from below)
> > import-export
> >
> > +SCOPE (select one or more from below)
> > text
> >
> > +USE CASE
> > I have a set of ODT documents to batch process into a report. The
> > report needs to cite locations in the ODT documents
> > using page and line number.
> >
> > +DESCRIPTION
> > Unlike some "high end" wordprocessor/DTP packages such as
FrameMaker,