Subject: Re: [office-comment] ODF still fails to specify scripting properly (ODF1.2 CD01)

marbux <marbux@gmail.com> wrote on 03/01/2009 01:30:35 PM:

> Re: [office-comment] ODF still fails to specify scripting properly
> (ODF 1.2 CD01)
>
> On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 8:05 AM,  <robert_weir@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> > "Alex Brown" <alexb@griffinbrown.co.uk> wrote on 03/01/2009 06:32:49
AM:

> > This is a great suggestion.  I'll make sure it is included in the list
of
> > suggestions that the ODF-Next subcommittee considers.
> >
> > We might even be able to address some of this in ODF 1.2, such as
> > specifying the storage aspects of the script and how the script
declares
> > what scripting language it uses.
>
> The standard currently in development is ODF 1.2, not ODF-Next.  There
> are applicable meta-standards that require compliance in ODF 1.2.

Maybe it would help to stop right there.  We can have several versions of
ODF under development at the same time, albeit at different phases.  ODF
1.0 is still being maintained.  We issued an errata document for it
recently. There is talk of making an amendment of ISO/IEC 26300 in JTC1 to
contain the material from ODF 1.1.  ODF 1.2 is at a Committee Draft stage.
 And "ODF-Next" is at the requirements gathering phase in the ODF TC.

As for your remaining questions, they seemed to be a non sequitor for a
discussion of scripting interfaces in ODF.  Perhaps you want to rephrase
the question in a new thread?

-Rob