Subject: Re: [office-comment] Separating OpenFormula from (the rest of) ODF 1.2

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 9:27 AM,  <robert_weir@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Jesper Lund Stocholm <4a4553504552@gmail.com> wrote on 05/11/2009 03:40:38
> PM:

> The idea is still to release ODF 1.2 as a single time, with all parts
> together.  But we may decide to send the individual parts to public review
> as soon as they are ready.  That would allow us to hold a 60-day public
> review on one part while still editing another part.

I presume there would still be a 60-day comment period for the
entirety of the specification at the end of the process? I ask because
I doubt there is any portion of the specification that is not
interdependent with the rest. Not having an opportunity to study and
comment on the whole would be somewhat reminiscent of the parable of
the group of wise blind men describing the elephant by each examining
only one part. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_Men_and_an_Elephant>.

 Best regards,

Paul E. Merrell, J.D. (Marbux)

--