Subject: Re: [office-comment] Relative paths in packages manifest (ODF 1.0/1.1)

Alex, all,

On 05/16/09 09:52, Alex Brown wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> ODF 1.1 has (s17.5):
>
> ----b
> A relative-path reference (as described in §6.5 of [RFC3987]) that occurs in a file that is contained in a package has to be resolved exactly as it would be resolved if the whole package gets unzipped into a directory at its current location.
> ----e
>
> So, within the manifest.xml file, a reference to content.xml in the parent directory of the META-INF directory would have to be "../content.xml". Correct?

That's not correct. The manifest:full-path attribute does not take an
IRI. Therefore, the rules regarding the resolution of relative IRIs do
not apply.

> I haven't checked them all, but so far I haven't found an implementation that conforms to this provision. Instead, implementations appear to assume that the paths in the manifest are relative to the package root.
>
> This may be a case where the spec can be usefully brought into line with implementations.
>
> In ODF 1.2 you need to clarify (and re-word) this, and correct the description of the manifest:full-path attribute (BTW, is a draft of Part 3 of ODF 1.2 available?)

A list of the most recent ODF 1.2 draft is available on the TC's home page:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=office#odf12

Michael

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS