Subject: required attributes

From the text on the file-entry element in the manifest it is unclear to me which attributes are required. Perhaps if you are an experienced RNG schema expert you can deduct it, but I cannot.

2.8.3.1 Full Path mentions nothing

2.8.3.2 Size mentions ‘only present when the file is stored in an encrypted format

2.8.3.3 media-type mentions nothing

Furthermore, the Size attribute description is unclear. Is that attribute required when I persists a random file into the ZIP which has been encrypted?

Proposal:

-          Clearly define if attributes are required or not by adding a sentence to each attribute indicating this (can be easily done when generating the spec from a database)
something like ‘This attribute is required’
or ‘This attribute is required when the file-entry being described is encrypted using the system described in section blah’

Best regards,

Wouter van Vugt
MVP Visual Studio Tools for Office

Envelope

wouter@code-counsel.net

Telephone

+31 6  438 317 12

icon_twitter

@woutervugt

RSS

http://blogs.code-counsel.net/wouter

Logo 7 cm

Code Counsel

Critical Path Training

CPT

Sharing Knowledge with Passion
www.code-counsel.net

Your fastest way up the SharePoint learning curve!
www.criticalpathtraining.com