Subject: RE: 18.51 db:enable-sql92-check (ODF1.2)

Patrick hi

The cited text still doesn't exist, I think:

"[SQL]    ISO/IEC 9075-1:2008 Information Technology -- Database
Language
-- SQL -- Part 2: Foundation (SQL/Foundation), , 2008"

It should either be 9075-1:2008 or 9075-2:2008 (but not 9075-1 Part 2).

I can't find any mention of naming restrictions in 9075-1:2008. I don't
have access to 9075-2:2008, but the 2003 edition appears already to
allow fully internationalised and/or locale-specific naming (see clause
5.4).

I assumed this attribute would be set "true" to invoke the archaic rules
of SQL 92, and if false the rules of modern SQL would apply. But maybe
this is totally wrong.

Also, what are the "additional database driver dependent characters"
mentioned in the note? Are characters permitted that are non-conformant
to SQL?

- Alex.

"a"-"z","A"-"Z",
> > "0"-"9" and "_" and additional database driver dependent characters.
> >
> > The defined values for the db|:enable-sql92-check| attribute are:
> >
> >    *
> >
> >       false: names of tables, views, columns and queries may not
> >       conform to [SQL].
> >
> >    *
> >
> >       true: names of tables, views, columns and queries shall
conform
> >       to [SQL].
> >
> My understanding is that the citation was meant as a short hand for a
> set of naming restrictions.
>
> Leaving aside the citation question, is there anything unclear about
> the
> definition of the attribute?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Hope you are at the start of a great week!
>
> Patrick
>
> > - Alex.

This

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/