Subject: Re: Committee Draft 01 of ODF 1.2: Formula specification missing (change of modal verb and conformance requirement)

Hi ODF TC,

While looking at ODF formulas, I revisited this request I sent to ODF
TC in February this year.

From JIRA http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-1248 I can
see that the issue has been closed without further action.

Since Rob seemed to agree with all points I made, I find it a bit
confusing that the issue has been disgarded. Also, when looking at
CD03 I see no changed text.

My key point was to make sure that ODF 1.2 has one, single way of
specifiying formulas and not allowing vendors to use their own.

Now it most certainly is an error in my understanding of OASIS ODF TC
processes, but can you shed some light on this? Will ODF 1.2 require a
single way (for conformant documents) of specifying formulas in
spreadsheets?

Thanks,

--
Jesper Lund Stocholm