Subject: Re: [office-comment] Table names (ODF all versions)

Dear ODF TC,

thinking about this issue, I propose adopting a more generic mechanism
for escaping "special characters".

Table names represent just one occurence where such a character
may occur, and I am sure there are others as well.

Instead of implementing specific escape rules for every
individual case, I would propose to have a generic mechanism
at ODF-level, which is applicable for all (most) these instances.

Although additional limitations might be applicable for particular
elements, I believe that such limitations should be dropped in
the future. This is why a generic escape mechanism becomes
quite relevant.

Sincerely,

Leonard Mada

-------- Original-Nachricht --------