Subject: Re: [office-comment] ODF 1.2 part 3 cd01: manifest namespace version

> Hi,
>
> ODF 1.2 part 3 cd01 mentions namespace
>
> urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:manifest:1.0
>
> I think this should changed to ...:1.2, because, for instance, the
> attribute
> manifest:preferred-view-mode wasn't available in ODF 1.1, which already
> uses the ...manifest:1.0 namespace

The elements that use a namespace can be expanded: see XSD or XSLT for
examples.

But in general, whereever a namespace has a version number in it, there
should be a policy on whether subsequent versions are compatible or not.

For example:

A producer should generate elements using namespace URL
 "urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:manifest:1.0"
A consumer should accept any element using namespace URL starting with
 "urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:manifest:"

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe