Subject: Re: [office-comment] OpenDocument-package-metadata-v1.2-cd1.owlcontains wrong declarations

Hi Søren,

thank you very much for your feedback.

You are right that there currently is a mismatch between the OWL classes
and properties defined in the specification and the one defined by the
OWL file. Please see the following JIRA issue for details:

http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2236

Best regards

Michael

On 12/17/09 14:34, Søren Roug wrote:
> Dear Technical Committee,
>
> I'm looking into the section 5 and Annex B of the OpenDocument-v1.2-part3-cd01.odt.
>
> The namespace "http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/office/1.2/meta/pkg#"; is declared on the front page, but not in section 1.5. There is therefore no definition of the prefix. I'll assume the prefix 'pkg:' was intended.
>
> Section 5 then mentions the following classes:
>  - http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/office/1.2/meta/pkg#Document
>  - http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/office/1.2/meta/pkg#File
>  - http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/office/1.2/meta/pkg#MetadataFile
>  - http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/office/1.2/meta/pkg#Element
>
> and the following properties:
>  - http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/office/1.2/meta/pkg#hasPart
>  - http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/office/1.2/meta/pkg#mimeType
>
> These resources are then described in Appendix B via a separate document. But the document at http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/part3/cd01/OpenDocument-package-metadata-v1.2-cd1.owl defines an entirely different set of resources:
>
>  * http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/office/1.2/meta/odf#ContentFile
>  * http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/office/1.2/meta/odf#StylesFile
>  * http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/office/1.2/meta/odf#Element
>  * urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:text:1.0meta-field
>  * http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/office/1.2/meta/odf#prefix
>  * http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/office/1.2/meta/odf#suffix
>
> It seems to me that this document defines resources in the http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/office/1.2/meta/odf# namespace, and therefore should be placed on the
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/office/1.2/meta/odf to play nice to Semantic Web/Linked Data tools. It would also help to add an <rdfs:isDefinedBy rdf:resource="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/office/1.2/meta/odf"/> to the property "urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:text:1.0meta-field" to let the same tools know that they don't have to look elsewhere for more information on this resource.
>

> Søren Roug

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

	   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten