Subject: [office-formula] LINEST and LOGEST lack multiple regression

Hi all,

I have noticed, that the definitions of LINEST and LOGEST allow only
simple linear regression. Besides the sytax also in the semantic
"knownX: The set of x-values for the equation, a single column or single
row matching knownY" explicit "single" is stated and the formulas cover
only simple linear regression.

But at least Excel, Gnumeric and OpenOffice.org allow multiple linear
regression. So I doubt, that the constrain to the simple case is intended.

For multiple linear regression I expect formulas using matrices.

Kind regards
Regina