Subject: Re: [office-comment] marking directionality of text inside a paragraph

2011/10/19, Andreas J. Guelzow <andreas.guelzow@concordia.ab.ca>:
<snip />
>> > something). The ordering of punctuation, however, is ambiguous, and
>> > without manual settings it is often shown incorrectly. It is
>> > reasonably easy in manually-coded HTML, it is not-so-great in MS-Word
>> > and it is impossible in OpenDocument (unless i am missing something).
>> > I am not familiar with any program that allows to do it with a GUI and
>> > without manual coding.
>>
>> I am still not quite sure why you say it is "impossible in
>> OpenDocument"?

I do not know much about the relationship between what is possible to
achieve in OpenOffice.org and what is in the ODF spec. It seems to me,
though, from what others are writing in this thread, that the problem
with misplaced punctuation in inline RTL text in an LTR paragraph is
best sorted in the application layer.

The only thing that needs clarification is wether or not there is
native support in ODF for such a paragraph as the one in 'walla.html'
as supplied by Amir. If so, this issue is perhaps better sorted with
the developers of LibreOffice, possibly at
l10n@global.libreoffice.org.

I am not fluent in any RTL languages, but I can help with testing, as
I have access to different platforms, such as GNU/Linux, Mac, and
Windows 7 64bit.

;)Frode

--
Da sa Gud: "Det bli lys!"