Subject: Re: [office-comment] Re: improvements for interpolation in charts

Hi Patrick,

On Thu, 2011-11-10 at 16:54 -0700, Patrick Durusau wrote:
> Will you have time to review the proposal Regina references in the
> message with subject line: "polynomial regression curve in charts"?

The proposal referenced is quite incomplete and refers to an earlier
version of ODF than 1.2. It would be easy to adjust the proposal to ODF
1.2 but it is missing the specific calculation details. For example in
polynomial regression it needs to be more specifically stated in which
sense the "best" fit should be obtained. There are various ways this
could be defined leading to different regression curves. I don't think
we should include this in the standard unless we can be precise about
which regression curve is intended.

Since Gnumeric implements versions of this, I am obviously interested in
having it included in ODF (preferably ODF 1.3), but since this is not
just a question of reviewing the proposal I can't guarantee that I will
have sufficient time.

Sincerely

Andreas

--