Subject: RE: FW: [office-comment] Orientation problems with angles

On Tue, 2012-08-07 at 13:16 -0600, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> Implicit is really great for a specification, aye?

You are looking at a document page... What frame of reference were you
thinking of when we were approving the standard?

> In this implicit frame of reference, where is the origin around which the gradient-direction reference vector is dialed?

You do not need a specific center of rotation.

Why do you need a gradient-direction reference vector? You only need a
gradient-direction (in vector terms: one collection of all vectors that
are parallel to each other.)

So assuming that the 0 degree direction were specified you could pick
any arbitrary centre of rotation and you would end up wit the same
direction after rotation.

Andreas

--
Andreas J. Guelzow, PhD, FTICA