Subject: Re: [Info] OpenDocument specification

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Below is information that I believe addresses your question. I have also copied the OASIS Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument) Technical Committee, the group that manages the standard, on this message so that someone there can provide additional information if needed. They may also have input to the wikipedia entry.

The current version of the Open Document Format is Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument) Version 1.2, approved by the OASIS membership on 29 September 2011. It is published in 3 parts:

- OpenDocument v1.2 part 1: OpenDocument Schema (http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/OpenDocument-v1.2-part1.html
- OpenDocument v1.2 part 2: Recalculated Formula (OpenFormula) Format (http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/OpenDocument-v1.2-part2.html
- OpenDocument v1.2 part 3: Packages (http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/OpenDocument-v1.2-part3.html

In addition, there is the OpenDocument v1.2 Relax NG Schema (http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-schema.rng) and the OpenDocument v1.2 Metadata Manifest Ontology (http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-metadata.owl).

All these files, as well as the PDF and ODT versions and a ZIP package of the entire standard, can be found at http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/

The main web page for the OASIS Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument) Technical Committee itself can be found at http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/office/

I am sorry that you didn't easily find what you were seeking. I hope that we can get the material on the wikipedia page changed to be more helpful.

Best regards,

/chet

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Carol Geyer <carol.geyer@oasis-open.org> wrote:
FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Belles Lettres Magazin ❀ Redaktion <redaktion@belleslettres.eu>
Date: Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Subject: [Info] OpenDocument specification
To: info@oasis-open.org

Hi

Your website oasis-open.org ist quoted as specification for OpenDocument on Wikipedia. After hours of browsing and downloading files that do not contain what the title announces and mostly contain tables of contents without any content, I have a simple question: Where is the OpenDocument specification? You know that one that is easy to find for other markup languages like HTML. Does it exist?

Unfortunately, it is not easy to see why the .odt syntax is like it is.

Thanks in advance.

Daniel Scholten
--
Belles Lettres Magazin ❀ Deutsch für Dichter und Denker
www.belleslettres.eu

--
Carol Geyer
Senior Director of Communications and Development

OASIS | Advancing open standards for the information society
+1.781.425.5073 x209 (Office) | +1.941.284.0403 (Cell)
http://www.oasis-open.org

Follow OASIS on:
LinkedIn:    http://linkd.in/OASISopen
YouTube:    http://www.youtube.com/oasisopen