Subject: RE: [office-comment] Error in FLOOR function specification

Dennis Hamilton scripsit:

> I don't understand the statement that the result is undefined when x and p
> have opposite signs.

It is not undefined in the sense of mathematics, where every pair of
arguments is defined except those where p = 0.  It is undefined in
the sense of the OF standard, since different conforming implementations
do different things with it.  (It *is* defined in the sense of
the Common Lisp standard.)

> PS: It does not matter whether I believe the statement in the OpenFormula
> text is in error or not. I am not on the ODF TC and not the one to make
> any repairs to the specification (although sometimes my advice is useful
> to the TC).

Fair enough.  But you claimed that the text was not in fact in error.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan@ccil.org
Be yourself.  Especially do not feign a working knowledge of RDF where