Subject: Proposition to extend decimal and scientific number format

Hello,

I would like to propose to extend ODF standard for decimal and scientific numbers.

Actual behavior:
Decimal part of a number can be of variable length, if number:decimal-replacement attribute is set to empty string. Number of decimal digits may then vary from 0 to number:decimal-places attribute value.

Missing features:
In some case, it might be useful to consider a minimal number of decimal digits higher than 0. For instance, marks rounded to a quarter of point, should be displayed as: 10.0 8.5 7.75; i.e. at least one decimal digit, up to 2 decimal digits.

Moreover, variable length of decimal part of scientific number is not possible.

I noticed also for scientific number, that the sign of the exponent is always displayed. To reduce string length, it could be great to remove the sign if it is positive: for instance 1E6 instead of 1E+6.

I wrote a short note about this request. You can find it attached to bug#90133 of TDF:
https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/attachment.cgi?id=114735

Adding these attributes will improve MS-Office compatibility.

Many thanks for your concern about this request.

Best regards.

Laurent BP