Subject: Version Control / Open Documents as git repositories

Hi,

I'd like to ask about the currenct state of a version control
definition for Open Documents.

I am highly annoyed by the current practice to keep heaps of older
documents, wasting lots of disk space, to keep some sort of history
with libreoffice.

There have been user complaints before, stating that open documents
could be easily be stored in a git repository instead of a zip file
structure, but as far as I can see, all those requests have been
rejected with the hint, that this was a violation of the standard and
that oasis would be the place to ask.

I'd there like to ask about what has been defined so far for version
control in open documents.

regards
Hadmut Danisch