Subject: Re: [office-formula] Wiki and work habits

"David A. Wheeler" <dwheeler@dwheeler.com> wrote on 02/21/2006 11:21:13 AM:

> (as a group) when we should transition to ODF for the "final editing" pass.
>
> At this time, there's been no agreement to USE the OpenFormula specification
> as a base document.  Until such agreement, I think transitioning the
> OpenFormula spec into the new Wiki would be premature.  But if that's
> agreed to, then it'd make sense to transition the OpenFormula spec to the
> new Wiki.  Which shouldn't be too hard; it's in a Wiki now.

I'd suggest initially contributing the OpenFormula specification by uploading to the subcommittee's document repository.  At that point it is something the subcommittee can properly view and consider.  I'd be hesitant to have the entire subcommittee reading and reviewing a document which is not yet formally under the TC's IPR policy, so that initial step is essential.  Then, as I think we agreed to before, we can have a couple of calls to review the scope and content of OpenFormula.  And then, we can come to an informed consensus on how we transition OpenFormula to the Wiki as the base document for our work.

-Rob