Subject: Re: [office-formula] Semantics

On 3/1/06, Eike Rathke <erack@sun.com> wrote:
> Geeky? I'd call it geeky if the application guesses around, mostly gets
> it right, and the few times where it doesn't pass unnoticed by the user.

Well, that can be resolved by reporting an error instead of assuming
0, if necessary -shrug-

Also, the parsing either manages to parse, then the result is correct,
or parsing fails, and then it would fail either way -shrug-.

> > Even if the text is "3" ?
> No. What if it is "3"?

So, basically, staying consistent amongst locales is more important
than greater flexibility with string parsing. Well, maybe. I
personally don't like this conclusion. I really don't. Especially
given that we don't solve the problem, we just bypass it, hoping for
the best.

/ Tomas