Subject: Re: [office-formula] GCD and LCM non-integer arguments

2007/1/18, Eike Rathke <erack@sun.com>:
> > > arguments are to be converted to INT for both functions.
> > I think that's a great idea.  I think ALL other implementations
> > convert to INT first; non-INT GCD and LCM are interesting, but I doubt
> > many actually WANT them.
> Most certainly not.

Agreed here.

Is it even mathematically possible to compute this sanely ? I mean, is
there some algorithm for this ? While this function is greatly useful
when operating over integers, it doesn't make sense with real numbers,
as ANY non-zero floating-point number divides any other floating-point
number with a floating-point result ...

/ Tomas