Subject: Re: [office-formula] DECIMAL function and spaces

Eike Rathke:
> > Section 6.17.10 DECIMAL says that all spaces of the Text parameter is
> > ignored. This should not be the case. Only leading space is to be
> > ignored. There's also a note that says
> >
> > | Note: OOo 2.0.2 doesn't pass the spaces always ignored tests, but it
> > | should. So the tests have been left in, as they are.
> >
> > Who says so? I strongly disagree.
>
> No answer => I'll change it.

I didn't reply earlier because I agree with you.  It's leading spaces that should be ignored.  I can easily imagine an extended version of decimal that accepted fractions (e.g., "1 1/2"), and obviously spaces should NOT be ignored.  I don't think such an extension should be mandated by the standard (that's a fairly exotic extension), but we should PERMIT it.