Subject: Re: [office-formula] LEGACY.NORMSINV, LEGACY.NORMSDIST, why LEGACY?

On Fri, 2007-26-01 at 20:32 +0100, Eike Rathke wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> On Thursday, 2007-01-25 13:39:28 -0700, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:
>
> > > NORMSDIST and NORMSINV are listed as LEGACY.NORMSDIST and
> > > LEGACY.NORMSINV, I think we should use the usual names without the
> > > 'LEGACY.' instead, there's no need to arbitrarily create a difference.
> >
> > unless you want to emphasize that these functions should not be used
> > anymore but are only supported for legacy documents.
>
> What would be the reason why they should not be used?

Why would one want to use NORMSDIST instead of NORMDIST inside an ODF
file?  Perhaps there may be a reason for applications to use NORMSDIST
in the use interface to save some typing (but of course that is only
needed if the interface used to enter function does not provide
reasonable defaults.

Andreas

--
Andreas J. Guelzow, Professor
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences