Subject: Re: [office-formula] Call for volunteers, undefined functions,plan for this week

On Sat, 2007-10-02 at 01:28 +0100, Eike Rathke wrote:

> > CURRENT (tricky semantics)
>
> Actually not that tricky, it simply pushes the current calculation value
> on the stack and makes it available as an argument to the next
> operation, for example in
> =A1+B2+IF(CURRENT()>3;STYLE("red");STYLE("green")) used to compare the
> result of A1+B2 and conditionally apply a cell style.

Why is A1+B2 the current calculation value? Wouldn't you expect the IF
to be evaluate before any of the additions are evaluated?

> Which adds STYLE to this list. I have both on my TODO agenda. They may
> not sound that useful at first, but STYLE sometimes is used to have more
> fine grained control than a fixed number of Conditional Formats allow.
> Additionally the STYLE function has a timeout feature to switch to
> another style after a while. Useful with real time Add-Ins.

Is there consensus how "Styles" look like as formula values?

> BAHTText
> That's a strange one and converts numbers into Thai numerals,
> originating from a Thai localized Excel version. It seems Thai
> spreadsheet users can't do without, so it was also implemented in OOo.
> It even made it into Ecma/Excel.
>
> We have a spec for it, so defining the function shouldn't be a problem.
> See http://specs.openoffice.org/calc/compatibility/bahttext.odt

May be it shouldn't be a problem, but we are talking about an
international standard. There is nothing special about Thai so if we
include a BAHTTEXT we should have the same for any other language.
(Perhaps a two argument version were the second argument is a language
identifier defaulting to thai/baht with applications free to support the
languages of their choice.)

Andreas
--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences