Subject: Re: [office-formula] MEDIAN

Andreas J Guelzow:
> I would like to propose that change to the TC. (Since it does not make
> any difference in the definition but may remove some future arguments.)
> There has been some heated argument on the Gnumeric list regarding the
> definition of the MEDIAN function. Apparently some, at least one, do not
> like the term "sort" in this context since one can calculate the median
> without sorting the data.

Whups, I just replied and NOW I read this text.

Yes, I agree, let's change from "sort" to "rank".  Frankly, it seems like a dance on the head of a pin to me; the whole specification describes the required RESULT, not the specifics of HOW you calculate it.  But if it makes someone happy, let's do it; the change seems as clear as the original one.

Eike, yes, go ahead and make the change.